Old 30-05-2007, 04:26 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Rubbermaid glue report: Forget Gorilla Glue

On Wed, 30 May 2007 06:37:27 CST, "Gareee©"
wrote:

Nope. If you flex silicone it's _never_ going to hold.

Hmm.. so then I'm still left with a glue dilemma.. only thing I can still
think of is a goop/shoe goo "sleeve" on the inlet 1" pvc pipe, and then shoe
goo applied both inside and out as well.

Bulkhead fitting with flange on both sides of the
bulkhead/liner/container wall. Insert silicon seal allow to cure,
then tighten, or compress the silicon seal.

May be more expensive, but it will save time and energy.

Regards,

Hal