Old 30-05-2007, 04:26 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default no toads again :(

On Tue, 29 May 2007 16:47:36 CST, wrote:

Yet another spring has come with no toads making babies in my pond. What
do I have to do to get some? I can't find anyone around me who has
tadpoles to spare.

Where are you Alan?

This must not be a good year for toads. I've noticed the mating's are
not as loud, there seems to be fewer males calling this year and I
haven't seen as many tadpoles for some reason. Very likely because I
haven't seen rain in about 45 days. Unusual for me this time of year
and the toads like to mate every time it rains.

Regards,

Hal