Old 30-05-2007, 06:02 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gareee© Gareee© is offline

Default Rubbermaid glue report: Forget Gorilla Glue

"Hal" wrote in message
On Wed, 30 May 2007 06:37:27 CST, "Gareee©"
wrote:

Nope. If you flex silicone it's _never_ going to hold.

Hmm.. so then I'm still left with a glue dilemma.. only thing I can still
think of is a goop/shoe goo "sleeve" on the inlet 1" pvc pipe, and then
shoe
goo applied both inside and out as well.

Bulkhead fitting with flange on both sides of the
bulkhead/liner/container wall. Insert silicon seal allow to cure,
then tighten, or compress the silicon seal.

May be more expensive, but it will save time and energy.

Not sure where I'd get the parts for this..they don;t really have a lot for
this type of setup in the local Lowe's, keeping in mind this is for either
3/4 inch or 1" pvc pipe.

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)