Old 31-05-2007, 01:11 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Jan Flora Jan Flora is offline

Default Home Gardening Becomes Even More Imperative

In article
,
Bill Rose wrote:

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Charlie expounded:

[...]

- Bill

P.S. Jan I wish I had known that this book was continuation from
Pollard's previous book, "The Botany of Desire". Damn, this is turning
into a serious amount of summer reading.

Bill:

I haven't read the second book yet. The first one is a pretty
fast read, but I read fast...

The chapter about tulips is fascinating, as well as the reason
why Johnny Appleseed planted apples all over the place. To
folks who haven't read the book, he was planting apple trees
to produce apples to make hard cider. A man after my own heart.

Jan

--
Bedouin proverb: If you have no troubles, buy a goat.