Old 30-05-2007, 10:16 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Home Gardening Becomes Even More Imperative

"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" wrote in
6.121:

FragileWarrior was forced to post
this in: rec.gardens

Omelet wrote in
news
In article 1,
"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" wrote:

Charlie was forced to post this in: rec.gardens

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/05/27/1485/

Excerpt from article:

"Almost a quarter of this year’s US corn crop is expected to be
turned into fuel. Drought in Australia has added to the food prices
spike, which is feeding through to world inflation."

I swear to Gawd I'd be much happier if we went back to the horse
and buggy days.

Michael

But it still takes "fuel" to feed the horse. G

You put them on the lawn. (I do that with all three of mine.) What
they produce from trimming the lawn gets fed back to the garden in
time.

Don't think that a good buggy and harness and horse cost any less
than a car, though, those days are pretty much gone. And my big boy
produces more than his share of methane -- and it's usually when I'm
grooming his tail.

I just got back from riding Jonsey. He hates the indoor ring but it's
just too wet to jump outside. Same old routine. He dances around and
plops a few big dollops and then tries to throw me. He is definitely
an outside boy. He has yet to emit any methane while I'm gooming him
but I'm not about to give him any ideas.

Michael

D'argo has always saved his best... er... ERUPTIONS... for the
farriers. He does it to be funny, I swear. It's his own personal
commentary on things. And he always has a look on his face like the
little boy who farts loudly in church -- totally embarrased but obviously
he couldn't control it, Mom. Really, it was just an accident.