Old 31-05-2007, 01:14 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Charlie[_2_] Charlie[_2_] is offline

Default Home Gardening Becomes Even More Imperative

On Wed, 30 May 2007 23:45:07 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior
wrote:

Must be those of Swiss-German descent?

Hell no. These are Indiana born and raised for generations and
generations.

Several groups have come to our area as well. It's like really kinda
weird when met, like a step back in time.

Nope. It's just a small town in Indiana. I'm in the heart of town.
There's the post office, town hall, our only restaurant and four grain
silos. Oh, yeah, and the tornado siren. There are no stop signs/lights
on Main Street. I keep my horses in the heart of town and I can ride
them right to the door of the post office if I feel like it.

I'll be damned. In Indiana?

Nothing like a small town. Sounds like the town I grew up in, sans
horses in town.

My sons both live about ten miles away, in a town of 250 or so (raised
them boys right, we did! They don't care much for the bright lights
and fast pace either) The town council went and got uppity, thinking, I
guess that they were a suburb of our town of about 10 grand, and passed
an ordinance banning any livestock. Elder son has an acre and a half
in town and was considering a Jersey and chickens. Screwed now.

Charlie, Dodgin' the occasional buggy