Old 31-05-2007, 03:53 AM posted to rec.gardens
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default Cheaper Lawn Fertiliser?

On Tue, 29 May 2007 13:22:17 GMT, Steve
wrote:

Can anybody suggest a source for lawn fertiliser at a sensible price?
Boxes of stuff like Evergreen are all very well, but I need at least 4
to feed my lawn just once and I can't help feeling that they are
overpriced.

I wondered about agricultural suppliers who may well do 25kg bags, but
I'm not sure what to ask for.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Steve

After the meth lab post I didn't continue to read replies, so this may
be a repeat: Go to any farm and garden store, feed store, horse feed,
etc. and purchase alfalfa meal. It's almost all nitrogen and will
give nutrition to the microbes in the soil which will indefinitely
continue to restore nitrogen depletion. I never fertilize my turf, I
only water and mow it correctly, use a mulching blade which is very
sharp and never remove more than 1/4 of the blade when I mow...or I
should say when my sweetheart husband mows. We have the greenest turf
on the block.