Old 31-05-2007, 04:14 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default Home Gardening Becomes Even More Imperative

On Wed, 30 May 2007 14:51:21 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
wrote:

Charlie was forced to post this in: rec.gardens

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/05/27/1485/

Excerpt from article:

"Almost a quarter of this year’s US corn crop is expected to be turned into
fuel. Drought in Australia has added to the food prices spike, which is
feeding through to world inflation."

I swear to Gawd I'd be much happier if we went back to the horse and buggy
days.

Michael

I could not agree more. I bet those were much easier times to live.
Now we have cereal aisles with ten thousand different cereals. When I
was a kid there was Kellogs Frosted Flakes, Fruit Loops, Shredded
Wheat and Farina! Well, more than that, but certainly not an aisle
full of postured, product placement. It's mind boggling.