Old 31-05-2007, 04:50 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Charlie[_2_] Charlie[_2_] is offline

Default Need help identifying herbs

On Wed, 30 May 2007 20:19:59 -0700, Bill Rose
wrote:

I'm tempted to say that it is echinacea except that the pictures I've
seen of echinacea don't show the leaves to be exactly opposit of each
other, which is the case with my plant.
http://www.henriettesherbal.com/pict...a-purpurea-9.h
tm
Otherwise, that's what it looks like except as I say that the leaves on
my plant are exactly opposite each other the next pair, up or down, are
at right angles to the first pair of leaves.

So, unless there is something else that looks like echinacea, then that
is what it must be. Funny, the one planted in the ground never came back
from last year.

Oh yeah Charlie, it has a roud, not square, stem.

Hmmmm.......I'd go out with a torch and look about stem placement
except.........THE DAMN DOG KEEPS EATING IT OFF!!!!!!! At least she
doesn't dig for the good part. Tell ya what, a Dane can move a bunch
of soil in a hurry!

The two collies we used to have, they did the same thing.

They knwo what's good for them too.

Guess you are going to have to wait for the bloom. Or wait for someone
who really knows what they are about.

Charlie