Old 31-05-2007, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Coverage of Chelsea

On 25 May, 12:23, "Des Higgins" wrote:
Oddly enough Diarmuid Gavin gets alot of stick for not seeming to like
plants but he actually does. I know some people (gardeners) who know him
and he served his time as a horticulturalist and working in garden shops and
as a gardener. He knows as much about plants as anyone.
I hate his Chelsea Show appearances but I love his crazy gardens and I used
to love his daft show with L.L.B.

Well, with all this rain Diarmuid's astrantia (from his Chelsea 2005
show garden) has grown into a magnificent clump. Bless him for
choosing one of my favourite flowers. I've just bought his book,
'Outer Spaces' and funilly enough now that I understand more about
garden design I find it so interesting and clever. I can't understand
him when he talks and true, I don't like him either in those shows,
but he has become an inspiration because he's good at what he does.

You ought to have done just like I did - watch none of the Chelsea
coverage on tv (I haven't even seen a trail), but read about it. It is
quite a different perspective and so much more enjoyable ;o)