Old 31-05-2007, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default rats in garden

On May 30, 11:00 am, jimbo wrote:
any ideas on getting rid of rats in your garden.

There is only one way that works for us. We back onto open fields and
rats have always ben a problem especially after the harvest. My
husband keeps the obvious ones down by shooting them but we also have
the vermin man come in, (oh the shame of it!). He lays a poison that
is not for sale retail, taking care that it is put where other animals
cannot eat it. After a few days of topping this poison up, we are
usually rat free for a while.

Unfortunately, in the Autumn, after the crops are harvested, they come
into our attics and I hate going up there. The vermin man lays poison
up there and comes back to pick up the dead, yuk.

Judith