Old 31-05-2007, 02:34 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default no toads again :(

On Wed, 30 May 2007 16:20:42 CST, "Reel McKoi"
wrote:

We've only had about 3" of rain in the past 6, 7 weeks or so. We've seen a
few toads and a couple of bullfrogs but for the most part our usually very
VERY noisy ponds are quiet after sundown. That's quite unusual for us. Our
neighbor's stock pond is almost dried up and no frogs calling from there
either. We have only one kind of toad here but a nice variety of frogs. I
hope we didn't lose them in that abnormal freeze we had last month.

We've been watching the rain on radar coming up from Alabama, skirting
Atlanta and wetting Tennessee and the Carolina's, but it is pretty dry
in Middle Georgia.

I've seen bullfrog droppings, but no frogs of any kind, just toads and
few of them.

Regards,

Hal