Old 31-05-2007, 03:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mike Mike is offline

Default Help identifying a vine/weed, and advice to get rid of it

On May 31, 10:18 am, FragileWarrior
wrote:
William Wagner wrote in news:not-to-
:

In article .com,
Mike wrote:

I have this weed growing all around the fence, and into the yard at my
house.

It grows along the ground, up the fence, up trees, and tangles up the
lawn mower blade.

When I started pulling it up, it was pretty obvious that it's a huge
network of the thing, and it's cross-hatched all underneath the soil.

So far, every few weeks, I get the new growth and cut it back, but
can't seem to figure out how to get rid of it all at once.

There are pictures at:

http://mikeski.net/new/albums/view/22

Does anyone have any advice on how to permanently get rid of this
thing, and what the heck it is?

I'd guess Honey Suckle.

The leaves don't look right, do they? (Not for the Honeysuckle we have
here in Indiana, at least.) Honeysuckle IS invasive and considered a
dangerous invasive in some places, though.

Does it flower, Mike? What do the flowers look like? Honeysuckle smells
really nice.

I don't know if it flowers, I suppose I'll find out. I thought it
looked like trumpet vine, but haven't seen any flowers yet. We have
been in the house less than a year. It's not honeysuckle, I've got
that towards the back of the yard, and it's not the same.