Old 31-05-2007, 03:49 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Raised soil around poplar tree.

My neighbor, who rents, recently raised the ground level around two
poplar trees near my side of the lot. I have always understood that
doing this will cause the bark to rot, thereby eventually killing the
tree. I talked to the landlord, who said "his sources" say it is no
problem. I am worried because the prevailing winter storm winds would
tend to drop the tree on my house if it falls. The ground level now is
about 1 foot higher on one tree and 2 feet higher on the other than
the origional level. Am I worrying needlessly?

Bob