Old 31-05-2007, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MikeCT MikeCT is offline

Default new idea for barrier to stop slugs

"T i m" wrote:

Maybe these London slugs are just 'ard' ..?
Copper rings now methinks ..

---
Hi T i m,
After having most of my potted up seedlings snail savaged, I recently
stripped a few lengths of heavy duty, spare electric cabling. I cut the
exposed copper wire into 2ft. lengths and spiralled each round a few pots
containing those plants still worth saving. To stop the wire from slipping
down each pot, I bent the top of each spiralled wire over the pot rim. The
whole job took me most of one morning last week, but so far, it works!
Not one chewed leaf since. :-))

MikeCT