Old 31-05-2007, 07:45 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
San Diego Joe San Diego Joe is offline

Default Down to three fish and today I think I figured out why

"~ jan" wrote:

Too bad raptors are protected.
Jim

Not too bad, as we wouldn't have any if they weren't. What's too bad is
they don't have more a taste for herons and water turkeys (as Brett use to
call cormorants).

Fishing line with metallic orchard tape should discourage it I would think.
~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

I read in the paper the other day where a group of people who raise
"tumbling" pigeons have killed somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000 to
2,000 raptors per year because they attack their pigeons! People never cease
to amaze me when it comes to what "they" think is right. Here's a link:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...78.story?ctrac
k=1&cset=true

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.