Old 31-05-2007, 10:19 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.california
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default California gardening?

On Wed, 30 May 2007 22:03:16 -0500, jangchub
wrote:

On 30 May 2007 08:18:02 -0700, wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what small towns in California might be
recommended for (1) good place to reti (2) good place to garden.
I'm currently living in a tornado alley and it doesn't seem to me to
be a very good place to settle down. I'd like to live inland.

Thanks in advance!

If you are very wealthy and money is no object there is a beautiful
little town called Soquel. It's about an hour north of San Jose
airport and in the rain forest with huge redwoods, and on the ocean.
Just beautiful. Nice and cool in winter and not horrible in summer.

If you aren't very wealthy I'd say the Austin, TX area is far more
money wise and weather in winter is an average of 65 degrees during
the day with maybe one week of "sort of" freezing, and about one very
short lived ice storm a year.

I was in Austin once...being a college town, it is somewhat more, uh,
less, uh, YOU know...than the rest of Texas.

But all things considered, would one really want to leave in Texas?

Persephone

(prepares to be shot down...)