Old 01-06-2007, 01:26 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.california
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default California gardening?

On May 30, 3:42 pm, Branson Hunter wrote:
On May 30, 8:18 am, wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what small towns in California might be
recommended for (1) good place to reti (2) good place to garden.
I'm currently living in a tornado alley and it doesn't seem to me to
be a very good place to settle down. I'd like to live inland.

Thanks in advance!

I think you need to narrow your query to Northern, Central or Southern
California. Then ask what towns or cities should be eliminated from
consideration.
California has scores of towns / cities that fit youdr requirments.

Branson

I agree that you need to do a little traveling and research on NorCal,
SoCal and Central. There are too many small towns to even begin.
Inland could also mean Coast Range, Central Valley, Sierra Foothills.
Decide whether you want hot, foggy and damp, or snowy cold winters
etc.Growth rate, medical facilities, cultural: there's a lot to
consider.
Emilie
in NorCal Sacramento Valley