Old 01-06-2007, 01:38 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.california
Walter R. Walter R. is offline

Default California gardening?

I lived all over California. For relaxed living at "reasonable" prices,
consider the foothils, roughly along Hy 49, the old Goldrush Country. From
Grass Valley to Mariposa. Around 2000 feet altitude. The Valley is very hot
in summer and very foggy in winter. The coast is cool/cold in summer and
mild in winter.

Look for the cost of real estate, in all locations, on Realtor.com

Keep in mind that you lose 3.5 degrees temperature for every 1000 feet
elevation and 1.5 degrees for every 100 miles of latitude. (A huge
difference between San Francisco and San Diego, and between San Francisco
and Lake Tahoe)

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
wrote in message
ups.com...
Just out of curiosity, what small towns in California might be
recommended for (1) good place to reti (2) good place to garden.
I'm currently living in a tornado alley and it doesn't seem to me to
be a very good place to settle down. I'd like to live inland.

Thanks in advance!