Old 31-05-2007, 11:36 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Jan Flora Jan Flora is offline

Default Home Gardening Becomes Even More Imperative

In article ,
FragileWarrior wrote:

Charlie wrote in :

On Wed, 30 May 2007 16:32:10 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior
wrote:

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

AMEN!!!!

Of course, that would work for me cause we already have the wagon
and horses.........

In our town horses are still considered transportation. I kid you
not.

Must be those of Swiss-German descent?

Hell no. These are Indiana born and raised for generations and
generations.

Several groups have come to our area as well. It's like really kinda
weird when met, like a step back in time.

Nope. It's just a small town in Indiana. I'm in the heart of town.
There's the post office, town hall, our only restaurant and four grain
silos. Oh, yeah, and the tornado siren. There are no stop signs/lights
on Main Street. I keep my horses in the heart of town and I can ride
them right to the door of the post office if I feel like it.

If you run across anyone named "Flora" in Indiana, they're
probably kin to me. My g.g. Uncle John Flora founded the
town of Flora, Indiana. My family back there is Mennonite.
(And Swiss-German.)

Grandpa Flora grew up horse farming back there. I come
by these tendencies to garden, farm and raise livestock
honestly : )

Jan in Alaska

--
Bedouin proverb: If you have no troubles, buy a goat.