Old 30-03-2003, 02:32 AM
Chris McMillan

Default [IBC] Identifying Trees in the wild

In message , Alan Walker
writes
Chris: Yes, you can bonsai an oak. It's just a very long term project.
By the way, you are welcome to any of the many oak seedlings which come
up in my
gutters and yard. They're very easy to start.

I'm in the UK Alan: I think I'd better find my own. :-) And Jim has
given some much needed advice: my babies are not the right sort of oaks
for bonsai so they will continue to grow to be big oaks and will
eventually go to a local conservation group - at least this time Hazel
can drive (neither her dad nor I can see enough to drive) her own trees
and see where they come to rest!

Sincerely, Chris
--
Chris McMillan