Old 01-06-2007, 01:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Jane Jane is offline

Default yellow leaf - I'm in a panic!

I have a phal. It has five leaves. The bottom two are getting a
little wrinkled and one is starting to turn yellow.

The plant is currently growing a flower spike for the second time.
The spike has three branches with a total of 16 buds. None have
opened yet, but you can imagine how excited I am about the success of
this second blooming. It's been about 9 months since it last bloomed.

What should I do about the leaves? I am very careful not to over
water. I always stick my finger way down and if it feels even
slightly damp I wait. I use orchid fertilizer every time I water, as
recommended on the bottle. I never let it sit in water.

I also have five other phals in the same place, all doing great. Some
are blooming for the second time and several are also growing new
leaves. This is my one problem child at the moment.

If something happens before all those buds open I'll cry.

What should I do?