Old 31-05-2007, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sam Sam is offline

Default rats in garden

wrote:
On May 30, 11:00 am, jimbo wrote:
any ideas on getting rid of rats in your garden.

There is only one way that works for us.

.... ...

Unfortunately, in the Autumn, after the crops are harvested, they come
into our attics and I hate going up there. The vermin man lays poison
up there and comes back to pick up the dead, yuk.

Judith

That is awful,Judith, and I sympathize.
Some years ago a rat got into our cavity wall and climbed
up to the loft. As we lay in bed we could hear it scurrying
around. We didn't stand on ceremony but got the pest
control officer in immediately. He put the bait down in the
loft which made the vermin more frantic, but after a couple
of nights - silence. A great relief. He was round later
to collect the corpse, and we've had no trouble since.