Old 31-05-2007, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Unusual trees for a new park

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" writes

"K" wrote in message

Abies koreana

That's a cone when very young in my case, however after 10 years it now has
four.

Mine's never had fewer than 4, but it has missed out a year now and
again.
It might be the dwarf form - it's spent most of its life fighting a
Daboecia

Those Araucaria on the bit by the Armley gyratory are excellent .
Planted very closely -perhaps that is supposed to limit the growth?
Very Yob proof- I wonder if it is possible to do a hedge:-)

:-)

Have you seen the nice Araucaria in Otley, on the main road out to the
W, planted about 18in from the house?

--
Kay