Old 01-06-2007, 01:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Unusual trees for a new park

"K" wrote in message
"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" writes

"K" wrote in message

Abies koreana

That's a cone when very young in my case, however after 10 years it now
has
four.

Mine's never had fewer than 4, but it has missed out a year now and again.
It might be the dwarf form - it's spent most of its life fighting a
Daboecia

Those Araucaria on the bit by the Armley gyratory are excellent .
Planted very closely -perhaps that is supposed to limit the growth?
Very Yob proof- I wonder if it is possible to do a hedge:-)

:-)

Have you seen the nice Araucaria in Otley, on the main road out to the W,
planted about 18in from the house?

--
Kay

It makes me smile each time I see it. Another few years and those lower
branches might drop off and give them and their neighbours a clear view for
the first time in many decades. It must be a very loved and protected
tree:-)
There is a smaller (growing fast) example somewhere in Yeadon just near the
Park;-)