Old 01-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Sandypatch Sandypatch is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by old perennial View Post
I would hazard a guess that its too dry at the roots. If you have a bit of copper tube ex plumbing 15mm dia. hammer it in down into the roots about a foot and then pull it out. remove the soil from the tube and see if its dry. If it is, add a few buckets to resoak.
Thanks so much for your help. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I did wonder if it had anything to do with the dry spring we'd had. Also back in March we had some very strong winds which resulted in the bush being partially blown over - not to the ground of course but sort of 'leaning' . Do you think this might have done any damage to the root?

Another small pyracanthus,which could well be an offshoot of the larger one as I didn't plant it, appears to be fine.

Sorry if I'm coming across as a bit of a 'numpty'. I enjoy gardening but don't have a great deal of knowledge!

Sandy