Old 01-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Old Advertising Old Advertising is offline
Registered User

Default Old Enamel Signs propping up compost heap!

Hi there,
just a note to all you UK gardeners, I have recently bought 2 old enamel advertising signs dating to around 1910 that were used to prop up a compost heap in Derbyshire. Despite being rusty I still paid the owner hundreds of pounds.

This is not the first time this has happened in my collecting career and wondered if anyone else has come across old signs on their gardens or allotments?

Best wishes, Al.