Old 01-06-2007, 04:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default eggshells

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

Hey everybody,

dummie me wanting help again.
I remember something about being able to recycle eggshells by crushing
them up and putting them to plants. can't remember exactly what for
though - something about nutrients. can anyone remind me again about
it? does it really help?

Thanks,
Rae

You can soak them in water (which is sort of stinky to do) or you can take
the short route and put them on the surface of the plants or in the potting
mix. Calcium is the perk received from eggshells.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles/nyerges44.html (scroll down)