Old 01-06-2007, 04:50 PM posted to triangle.gardens
[email protected] pakrat@localhost.pr.neotoma.org is offline

Default Ongoing care for tomato plants

On 31 May 2007 16:34:58 GMT in wrote:
IN the past I have used well washed 2.5 gallon herbicide jugs and small
tubing to get near the plant. The sun makes them brittle and I don't
have a ready supply since my brother gave up farming. I think I may
have to find some this year or opt for 5 gallon buckets and get two
plants with one. Debris can clog the tubing so the jugs were easier to
cover with the smaller caps. Or put in some movable drip irrigation as
I have done with landscape plants. Oh, you have to weight the jugs or
buckets with rocks or tie them down. The wind knocks them over when
empty.

I'd think the drip irrigation kits would be less of a PITA.
Get a mechanical hose timer and 2 1gph emitters per plant and water
for 90 minutes.

--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up