Old 01-06-2007, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Any Rose experts?

"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote
after "Bob Hobden" asked

I'm looking for a very old shrub rose called...

"Gloire d'un Enfant d'Hiram"

Can't find anyone selling it in the UK, anyone know if/where it is
available?

Bob, it might be worth giving Hunts Court a ring - unfortunately
they don't have a website.

Hunts Court Garden and Nursery
(T.K. and M.M. Marshall)
North Nibley, Glos. GL11 6DZ

01453 547440

They do have a big collection of old rose varieties and did get one
for a friend of mine last year that she wanted but they hadn't got
in stock.

Thanks Jennifer, it's a bit far from us so I'll keep it as a backup and
await a reply from Wych Cross. If not I suppose I could contact Mottisfont
Abbey NT and see if they can help, I bet I'm not the only person to want one
after seeing theirs.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden