Old 01-06-2007, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Any Rose experts?

"CWatters" wrote after...
"Bob Hobden" wrote in reply to
"CWatters" wrote
"Bob Hobden" wrote ...
I'm looking for a very old shrub rose called...

"Gloire d'un Enfant d'Hiram"

Can't find anyone selling it in the UK, anyone know if/where it is
available?

Google suggests they have some at Mottisfont Abbey...

http://clippings.gardenweb.com/clippings/emilyg

http://www.classicroses.co.uk/garden...ey_garden.html

They have a plant but not any for sale that I could see when we were
there
recently.

In the first link the poster claims they sent him a cutting so he could
graft it himself. Perhaps worth asking?

I haven't grafted a rose since I was 10.
I was very successful then but Sod's Law I wouldn't be now. :-)
I think I will contact them and ask if they know of a supplier, it's their
plant that has got me wanting it so I bet I'm not the only person after it.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden