Old 01-06-2007, 09:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
motor man motor man is offline

Default bean stems brown and potato growing

I planted some Italian pole beans and the stems are turing brown and
the plants a re dying.. help!!
I also tried to grow some potatoes using the straw method. I planted
the potatoes with growing eyes in the ground and then after they had
put out about 6" of green growth vovered them with straw that I kept
watered. The plants died and the straw turned black. What is "right"
way to do this growing process? I am in Southern Cal.
Thank you