Old 02-06-2007, 12:52 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
San Diego Joe San Diego Joe is offline

Default Raised Pond Wall

" wrote:

I am going to build a slight raised pond, about6 12 in above the
ground. I would like decorative walling and would like to know if I
should make the "wall" double skinned, with concrete block on the
inside?.

When you say decorative walling, do you mean like tile? If so then yes, you
will need to make a concrete block, or poured concrete wall to attach the
tile to. I would also add pond liner to the inside and bottom.

If you mean just nicely placed stones and plants, then I would just use
liner.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.