Old 02-06-2007, 03:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default What besides plants and mulch do you have in your garden?

snakes rat, corn, TX ribbon
skinks
anoles
fence lizards
mediterranean gecko (tons)
racoon in brush pile
rats
mice
neighbor cat (not the cats fault)
green heron in our live oak tree
many birds:

finches
barn swallows
purple martins
great horned owl

I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but this is a backyard habitat so
I love having all of these things. I don't use any pesticides,
organic or otherwise and so far, so good. I wrote an article for a
Buddhist magazine which may be published. If it is I'll let you know.
I should get my website back up to show people how leaving a property
alone for three years, an amazing thing happens...it balances out and
does very well.