Old 02-06-2007, 08:49 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
theChas. theChas. is offline

Default Tecumsehs last forever

That sounds like maybe the intake valve isn't openning right or the

exhaust
valve isn't closing. I've had primer bulbs on several engines and the only
problems I've had have been with the small ID connecting hoses.

I have considered that. I would hate to tear into a brand new engine on my
own. And since Sears warranty was useless, that is how I would have to do
it. It has enough warm-up time on it now, that any newness should be
passed. It has had 4 oil changes, with less than 2.5 hours running time.
Once it is running, no problems. Starting fluid would be the easiest method
to start it, but that is really tough on engines.