Old 02-06-2007, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Klara Klara is offline

Default Any Rose experts?

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Klara" wrote after
, Bob Hobden asked
I'm looking for a very old shrub rose called...

"Gloire d'un Enfant d'Hiram"

Can't find anyone selling it in the UK, anyone know if/where it is
available?

Bob, have you tried Wych Cross nurseries? They stock over 1000 varieties
of roses.

http://www.wychcross.co.uk/roses.htm

They have a catalogue online, you might find it there.

You would have to go there, but it's on Ashdown Forest so not much of a
hike from where you are.

Thanks. I can't get their catalogue up on the net so have sent them an
e-mail. We are often out that way as it's quite near Wakehurst Place, the
other Kew.

If you come this way anyway, then Wych Cross is worth going to in June,
if you like roses, even if they don't have the one you want: the colours
and scents are wonderful!

--
Klara, Gatwick basin