Old 02-06-2007, 08:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill Rose Bill Rose is offline

Default For Charlie - hot sauce

In article ,
"Rachael Simpson" wrote:

Red sauce: My grandmother makes the best red sauce. Back home (two hours
north of where I live now) everybody requests her sauce whenever there is a
cook-out. People have even been known to ask for bottles of it as gifts
from her at christmas or birthdays. My mom & I fix it down here (the exact
same way) but Nana's always seems to taste even better. (I think it must be
the "grandma effect")

The easiest way:

"Scuse me, I was eaves dripping on your conversation.

Is there a way from scratch to make the Red Sauce?

Hot pepper vinegar? New one to me (sheltered life that I live). I'm more
used to the pepper seeds in the olive oil routine. Use habanero seeds
and, a little dab will do ya.

Sure is easy to see the French influence on southern cooking.

Now if we could only start demonstrating like our German cousins. Sturm
and Drang in Rostock. The Heiligendamm meeting aimed to give
globalization a human face. Kinda like Bush with a Barney mask.

But I digress . . .

- (y)lliB