Old 02-06-2007, 11:10 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default Home Gardening Becomes Even More Imperative

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 11:09:47 -0700, Bill Rose
wrote:

Two things though; (1) remember the Hindenberg (boom!) and, (2) the
First Law of Thermodynamics states that energy cannot be created or
destroyed (beware of little black boxes).

It seems that electric motors fueled by wind, water, Sun (and Earth
bound fusion) and, perhaps conventional, central, power plants where CO2
can be scrubbed from the smoke stack are the answer.

Personally, I don't need to go from 0 mph to 60 mph in 4 sec. So there
may be some adaptations we need to make but I think we can live with
that.

- Bill(y)

I don't remember the Hindenberg boom, but I'm in agreement with the
rest of your statements. We've known about this for fifty years. This
gas "crisis" is such a bunch of bullshit. I read a very funny phrase
in another forum about dubya. If people are sensitive to sexual
ideas, turn away now; someone's tag line was:

I wish somebody would blow him so we could start the impeachment
process.

I found that hysterically profound!

Now, why are the two most popular hybrids made by Japan? The Ford
doesn't live up to the hype, or so I've read. If we really wanted
vehicles which get 100 miles to a gallon of gas, we could do it. We
don't need speed boats.

Maybe coming up with localization is another good way to conserve.
Build communities which have all they need within walking or biking
distance. Especially in places like Texas where land is spread far
and wide...but that too is rapidly changing.

Eh, my knee hurts.