Old 30-03-2003, 02:33 AM
pronoun

Default New Broom?

Hi Kay,

It looks like it may be a Snowberry. I have a poor image which does not
match my hedge well. I'll see what I can find on the Web.

H Fear

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , pronoun fearhowar
writes
Hi,

I need to identify a hedge we have. Nearest I can find in my book is
'Butcher's Broom',

Butchers broom has very tough leathery spiky 'leaves' with the flowers
(and therefore the berries) coming directly out of the middle of them.

but mine has white 'berries' about September, as I
remember. It is about 4 ft high with thin reddish branches dividing near
the top. The first small green leaves are showing now. Can you help?

Thin red branches and white berries sounds like snowberry,
Symphoricarpos (or something similar)
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: