Old 03-06-2007, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Garlic problem?

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Broadback" wrote
Having grown garlic successfully for several years I am particularly
disappointed to notice that all the leaves are thick with a rust like
growth(?). Also the row of onions adjacent to the garlic has signs of this
rust. Is it a serious problem, can I cure it or stop its spread to the
onions please? It will be sad to have no garlic this Winter, but
devastating to have no onions either!

Probably won't make much difference to the Garlic crop as mine always get
rust in June although this year it seems worse and earlier than other years,
however the onions are a different matter and I would recommend a spray of
Dithane or your crop will be adversely affected.

Thanks both, you have cheered me up no end! :-) will spray with Dithane
as suggested.