Old 03-06-2007, 07:38 PM posted to sci.agriculture.beekeeping,misc.news.internet.discuss,sci.environment,rec.gardens,alt.politics
[email protected] hohenseerick@yahoo.com is offline

Default The Baffling Disappearance of The Bees.

On Jun 1, 1:18 pm, wrote:
On Jun 1, 9:48 am, SDR wrote:

Couldn't sleep at all last night: Heat made me turn on
the ceiling fan and the noise from that kept me imagining
there were little creatures from outer space creeping
around the house. Then because I had been reading
about the disappearance of the bee before going to bed
... all night long I kept mulling over this nightmare scenario
where our bees were being abducted by little creatures
from outer space (after they had, naturally, gone through
all their own planet's fierce beasts) to be used in their
bizarre rite of passage from "boy"to "warrior" (in which
each "boy" had to engage in a fight to the death with a
"fierce creature" from another planet (our bee). I "watched"
a couple of the fight, and they were pretty horrifying.

Otherwise, since this is a world-wide phenomenon, there
must be a world-wide cause. And the only thing I can
think of off the top on my head happening world-wide
right now is the shifting of the earth' magnetic field(s).

Whatever the cause turns out to be, the mystery is truly
upsetting on many human levels. Reminds one of just how
fragile our existence on this planet really is.

Besides your figurative somnambulatory musings..

IMO It is most likely that the bees are disappearing because field
crops have been modified to systemically manufacture biological
pesticides such as those produced by Baccillus thurengensis...

The bees come into contact with the genetically modified poisonous
pollen and are damaged or killed.

In Maryland the most visible cause is verroa mites. That might be the
last straw in a chain of things though.

apies mellifera is one of several species of honeybee from Eurasia.
Africanized bees might wind up being a savior of sorts. Or
Bohemianized or something.

Imagine a President that can say stuff like that all by himself.
Scary, eh?

Rick Hohensee

At noon on the day after this Amendment is ratified the occupants of
the offices of President and Vice President shall be removed, and
replaced for the remainder of the 2005-2009 term by Richard Allen
Hohensee, President, and Senator Russell Feingold, Vice President.
This replacement and term shall be supported by a special chain of
succession composed of random drawings from all those Senators and
Representatives who voted against the joint resolution allowing the
invasion of Iraq.