Old 03-06-2007, 03:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Calvin Steve Calvin is offline

Default Red spider mites?

Omelet wrote:

When I had that bad of an infestation on my chickens, (they could have
rapidly bled the hens to death!), I used 5% sevin.

I prefer organic means most of the time but sometimes there is not time
for that.

At lease sevin biodegrades rapidly.

You could try Pyrethrine too.

Thanks, I forwarded your reply to my reader. :-D

I just got back from the local garden place and they gave me
some stuff called K+neem (never heard of it). It's an
organic insecticide/fungicide that you spray on.

It says the active ingredient is Potassium Salds of Fatty
Acids derived from Neem seed oil. What ever the h*ll that is.

If this doesn't work I'll research sevin, thanks.

--
Steve