Old 03-06-2007, 03:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Red spider mites?

In article ,
Steve Calvin wrote:

Omelet wrote:

When I had that bad of an infestation on my chickens, (they could have
rapidly bled the hens to death!), I used 5% sevin.

I prefer organic means most of the time but sometimes there is not time
for that.

At lease sevin biodegrades rapidly.

You could try Pyrethrine too.

Thanks, I forwarded your reply to my reader. :-D

I just got back from the local garden place and they gave me
some stuff called K+neem (never heard of it). It's an
organic insecticide/fungicide that you spray on.

Oh I've heard good things about Neem!
You should hopefully be good to go with that.
I'd just forgotten about it as it's hard to find around here.

It says the active ingredient is Potassium Salds of Fatty
Acids derived from Neem seed oil. What ever the h*ll that is.

If this doesn't work I'll research sevin, thanks.

Good luck! :-)
I know how bad a serious break out of those things can be. Tiny as they
are, they can make a solid red sheet and number in the millions!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.