Old 03-06-2007, 06:38 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Bill Rose Bill Rose is offline

Default Home Gardening Becomes Even More Imperative

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 6/3/07 9:42 AM, in article
, "Omelet"
wrote:

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

I've lived with 4 cylinder engines all my life.

0-60 in 4 seconds?

Why? puzzled look

It's a testosterone thing. Just put it in the pile of boy things that
you've never understood. For the most part, we don't understand them
either.

y(Bill)

It's not all testosterone - I've enjoyed my turns in the big engines/lots
of
cylinder cars that have graced friends and family. A gas to drive, but not
everyday. It's sort of like roller coasters. Love them, but not a steady
diet of them.

Ok, I can go along with that. :-)

I know lots of performance freaks. They all have much better mileage cars
for every day.

Cheryl

I was stunned once (more often than that actually but this was more like
surprised) to meet a Frenchman (in France) who loved his 25 mpg American
car because it had hydraulic valve lifters and required very little
maintenance. In 1990, it cost me $50 to fill my VW van in France. Last
week, it cost me $45.

The thing with driving a sling-shot (and risking the organism) is that
it seems to be an absolute requirement that they clock in at 110
decibels as well. I know about back pressure but these things seem
engineered to say "Hey, look at me". As my BP creeps up, all I see is a
target.

- Billy