Old 03-06-2007, 03:48 PM posted to austin.gardening
[email protected] cinquefoil_5@yahoo.com is offline

Default Preparing soil for planting,

Again thank you,

It never occured to me to have dirt delivered to help the soil.
Did you dig up anything prior to laying the dirt?
Where in your yard did you put it?
Also you mentioned that you do not kill insects. I myself do not enjoy
killing things but if you have bugs eating at your vegetable garden,
or eating your prized flowers what do you do? I am currently using a
frugal and more natural method of killing some weeds and am happy with
the results . I like things that do not harm the enviroment.
I have read some things about how run off from gardens harms the
enviroment.
thank you,
Anita

What I did when I bought this house was to have a dozen yards of
Revitilizer mix delivered. It wasn't THAT expensive. Delivery and
all I think it was somewhere in the 400 dollar range. BUT, now the
soil has been innoculated with beneficial fungi and bacteria and that
is what restores the soil, along with mulch, black strap molassas,
seaweed, and hygiene.