Old 03-06-2007, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default bonfire damage

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 09:39:37 GMT, Eleni wrote:

They've also taken down half the adjoining wall without telling me,

Whose wall is it yours or theirs? You may have to go back to the deeds to
find out and even then it might not be clear.

leaving bricks and rubble in my beds and damaging other plants in the
process and a couple of trellises that are now no longer secured. I'm
not best pleased and needed a bit of a rant!

Calm down, take a deep breath and call round quietly, calmly and very
politely explaining that you are not happy about the removal of the wall
without being asked. Even if it is theirs common courtesy still applies.
In all counts they are responsible for any damage and the costs of "making
good" and also for clearing up.

Above all start with the softly softly approach before getting heavy with
facts and lawyers. You have to live next to these people and neighbour
disputes have a habit of getting very nasty.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail