Old 03-06-2007, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(Normandy\) David \(Normandy\) is offline

Default Lime or not ??

"Wally" wrote in message
I've been told by another allotment holder
that he intends to cover his plot with lime
over the winter months.
He said this will get rid of the weeds.

Anything that gets rid of weeds sounds good
to me but I would like some more opinions
before I do the same.

Any thoughts on lime please.

Wally

I lime my veg plot to keep the pH balanced and help break up the clay soil.
In my own experience I can say it has had no effect at all regarding weed
control. They are back this year good and healthy despite a good liming over
Winter!

David.