Old 03-06-2007, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters CWatters is offline

Default bonfire damage

"Eleni" wrote in message
k...

They've also taken down half the adjoining wall without telling me,

leaving
bricks and rubble in my beds and damaging other plants in the process and

couple of trellises that are now no longer secured. I'm not best pleased
and needed a bit of a rant!

Then it appears they broke the law. Check out the Party Wall Act 1996. ...

http://www.diydata.com/planning/part...y_wall_act.php

Quote:
"The Party Wall Act comes into effect if someone is planning to do work on a
relevant structure, for the purposes of the Act 'party wall' does not just
mean the wall between two semi-detached properties, it covers:
snip
A garden wall, where the wall is astride the boundary line (or butts up
against it) and is used to separate the properties but is not part of any
building.
Continues..