Old 03-06-2007, 04:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

Default Please help identify! (0/1)

On Tue, 29 May 2007 22:28:51 GMT, eddie rukidding
wrote:

Thanks Diana & Sue for the info.
What is the best way to care for this plant? Should it be potted like

other orchids or in dirt?

Should I support its tall growth? Sounds like it may need a trellis
arrangement (?). Any suggestions for keeping it from falling over?

I'd prefer to keep it in the pool area where it can be enjoyed if I
can.

Snipped----------

Florida - Talk to Diana about ground or pot growing.

Mine is in a 8" clay pot.

I would suggest you add a few support points to a roof support pole.
If you must move it for storm protection, maybe just some type of
spike in the upright that the plant can be leaned into to help catch
it when it wants to move sideways. Or just tie it to the uprights.
This is more a tip precaution than support. Although I do believe it
will spread if allowed to fall, break and root in place. It is a
beautiful splash of color. I was enjoying mine thru the gh wall while
John painted yesterday.
SuE