Old 04-06-2007, 12:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
graham graham is offline

Default Chemical to kill grass in my rockery

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 1, 10:07 pm, platypusgra wrote:
Can any one help I have a large rockery with some lovely alpines and
heathers. I am forever pulling the couch grass out by hand and short
of digging out all my rockery I can not seem to find any chemical to
just kill grass at the shops. All the chemicals in the seem to just
kill anything green or weeds in the lawn. I am looking for something
to be selective just for grass. I dont like using chemicals if I can
help it but it seems the only option?

Sometimes, as with couch grass, only chemicals will get rid of it.
You can pull it out forever, but it will return. Let the couch grow
so that you can hold quite a bit in a gloved hand on which you have
smeared glycohwhasit.

A similar method: wear disposible plastic/latex gloves *inside* a cheap
pair of cotton gloves soaked in glyphosate. That way you can grab lots more
weeds and smear them before having to "re-wet".
Graham